I'm not posting aspenny_blood because LJ is being...it's being stupid, alright?
(You guys did know that was me, right? I hope so...I will probably be *the magazine boss* aspenny_blood and story-writer girl asscuba_dooba...because life is too short to be simple).
Anyway, my point.
Because summer is coming to a close in the not-so-distant future (you have no idea how much it pains me to say that...), I've decided that we really need to get our butts in gear. So,a_penny_blood
minions users, these are the things you have to do:
1) help me make a FAQ page! (mistyeyedreamer has already asked several questions that compose the current FAQ list). ASK ME QUESTIONS! SPAM ME! PLEASE! I AM E
2) send me stories! We've already got some fabulous entries (mine will be coming eventually...someday...I've just been sort of...busy lately...), if you're keeping up, but we want a LOT of stories so we can vote which ones get in!
3) tell me when you want to have our *first meeting*! what days work for you? There are only a few days in August (most of them in the next week or so) that I'm completely swamped...and the first issue probably won't come out 'til October/November, so we've got a lot of time...but tell me anyway!
4) Help me decide on what the logo/cover(s)/feautres will be/look like. Since this magazine is my tribute to the penny dreadfuls/pulp magazines of the past, I'd like it to look like the penny dreadfuls/pulp magazines of the past. We'll probably talk about this at the meeting.
Examples of penny dreadful/pulp fiction covers:
And, of course:
5) Uh...once again...HELP ME CHOOSE A DATE FOR THE FI
Please keep the love alive!
You’re in a rut.
You’ve done nothing, and you’re going nowhere.
No friends, no drive, no dreams.
You’re just going through the motions.
Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow.
In your own still, gray prison you’ve woven
Out of your own webs.
There is only nothing.
You need a change.
Wait until nightfall.
Go to the dark side of town.
Find the well-dressed man with the crimson lips and the wild eyes.
Look him carefully in the eyes.
Tell him you want to taste the night’s embrace
And have her secrets flow inside you.
Remember the drives that really matters:
Feed. Mate. Kill.
Hold out your neck.
(Or wrist, it doesn’t really matter.)
It will hurt, oh yes.
Needles of knowledge and power rushing towards your heart.
Don’t fight it. Give in.
(It always hurts the first time.)
Awaken from your sleep
A new creature
Born of blood and passion.
You will be changed.
You will be strong, fast, beautiful.
Your mate will smile, and take your hand.
Run, and feast.
A bloody baptism.
Through this death, you’re born again.